At Jayindra Marine, our recruitment agent checks the applicant's overall experience, references of work, criminal record and then we arrange the medical examinations for the candidates. So our panel meets the candidate with all the required documents for an interview. In the shipping industry job opportunities and option are many but not all of them are available at all times, so we maintain a database of eligible candidates for sending overseas at short notice which can help the vessel owners/managers to fill in the vacancy at their comfort.
The selection and joining process is followed in following steps:
- Receive candidate’s entry through online applications or via email or post.
- Pre-employment medical exam of an applicant.
- Verification of an applicant’s credentials with police authorities.
- From the initial screening, suitable applicants are called for a one-on-one screening interview at our office. At our office premises, the candidate fills up the registration form and submits the relevant documents.
- The personal interview starts with an oral interview, followed up by a written test (as required). Generally the result of the oral interview is declared immediately; while written test is declared within few days.
- The candidates who clear the round are informed that they have been short-listed for the next round of interviews; the unsuccessful candidates are mostly asked to get a minimum of 6 months of relevant experience and thereafter return for another interview, and are maintained in our database.
- When the recruitment interviews are to be conducted by senior management of cruise companies, we inform the candidates about the date, time and location of the interview.
- On selection, we explain the candidate about the terms of agreement & the subsequent formalities he/she will have to undertake before departure.
- The candidate then has to complete his medical examinations as per the cruise companies’ requirements, that also only from designated doctors and pathology laboratories which have been approved by them.
- We advise the candidate not to resign from their current job until the visa has been received.
- Finally the visa is handed over; so the candidate shall depart on the due date, which is usually 2 days prior to the joining date.